09/05/2015

Save or Splurge? - Primer

After a one month pause, I´m finally back and I´m starting with a new series that I came up with! It´s called "Save or Splurge" and I will introduce you to a more pricey and a budget friendly version of several makeup products, today I´ll start with PRIMERS :)

The two primers that I want to compare are The Body Shop´s Instablur and Benefit´s The POREfessional :)

The prices of these primers are quite far apart, The Body Shop´s with 15€ is only half the price of Benefit´s with 33€!
One thing that definitely doesn´t justify the price of The POREfessional is that this primer only contains 22ml, unlike Instablur which contains 25ml, which is a lot of product compared to the price difference.

The Body Shop Instablur Primer is said to control shine for 12h, reduce the appearance of pores, hides blemishes, unifydes complexion and extendes makeup. From my own experience I can say that 3 1/2 of 5 of their promises are true, it reduces my pores, unifydes the complexion and makes my makeup extend, it definitely controls my shine but not for 12h! It doesn´t hide blemishes at all, but that´s what concealer is here for, isn´t it ;)
Its texture is realy velvety and great to blend, it also gives your skin that velvety and soft finish. You should let it sink in for some time though, that way it´s easier to blend your foundation in.

Benefit´s The POREfessional promises to quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines, complementes all skin tones because of it´s oil-free formula, help your makeup stay put and to protect your skin from free radicals because of its vitamin E derivative. For this primer I can say that all of their promises are true. My skin looks absolutely flawless when I wear this primer! My hugest pores are on my cheeks along my nose and after I apply this primer they are GONE! It controls shine, needs a bit of help from face powders anyway.
Its texture looks heavy compared to TBS´s but it´s lightweight once blended into your skin, also the colour of this primers won´t be seen after you have blended it in, so don´t worry about that :)

THE RESULT: SAVE
Both primers help you with that flawless skin, and even though the POREfessional is better at reducing pores, the Body Shop´s is a really good dupe version that you can more likely repurchase everytime without having to think twice.
But if you want to treat yourself than go for Benefit´s the POREfessional! 

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Loved this post! I have the porefessional and I use it on a daily basis, I think I'll have to purchase the Body Shop one! Xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to get my hands on the Body Shop primer ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you think about it! :) x

      Delete
  3. Great post! I've heard so many good things about the body shop primer and benefit porefessional is definitely one of my favourites so I'd love to see if I feel I'm able to save with this one! Lovely review x

    Toni x
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have neither of these now I want both!!
    Eleanordavoren.blogspot.ie ♡♥♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Porefessional and love it! My fav primer is Smashbox's Photo Finish. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ve heard quite a lot about the Smashbox primer, but it´s sooo expensive too! :(
      Hopefully I can give this one a try too x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig