10/01/2016

What I Use To Edit My Images

 The images of a blog post are for me the most important things. If they don´t look appealing to me than there isn´t a very high chance that I will read the post. Personally I like my pictures with a white background and really bright! I have to admit I´m probably not the blogger with the prettiest pictures and there is still some points that I could improve in to make my pictures even better. Photoshop is used by most people, but we can´t all afford it or, how it is for me, aren´t experienced enough to actually be able to work properly with it. That´s why I like to use PicMonkey and that´s how I do it

Exposure
 The first step is the category Exposure, what I like to do is firstly press "Auto Adjust". As I said I´m not the most experienced with editing so I also am not too sure of the effects of highlights & shadows. Then I like to switch the brightness up to a minimum of 10, that always depends on what it looks like

Sharpen:
Then I go further to Sharpen. That is probably the point that changes the effect of a good image completely and makes it look like your camera takes the best and clearest pictures in the world! For sharpness I like to go full, so up to 40 and for Clarity between 20-30. Never forget to use Clarity as it removes that grey overlay that some pictures have and just makes the whole picture sharper and the colours stronger.

Colours:
 For the last step I switch to Colours. If the lighting isn´t the best on that day then you should definitely try to make it look like it was a good day, haha :) For that I also like to first press "Auto Adjust" and see if I like that. I normally don´t change it that much and go for -2 so a bit colder.

All that is left to do now is save the picture :) Below I have a before & after image for you so you can see the difference of my 3 easy steps. It´s not that of a huge difference but I´m really happy with the outcome :)

Before:
After:

What do you use to edit your pictures? Any tips on how to improve?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I always love knowing how people edit their photos, I use the Windows 10 editing thing as well as pixlr and sometimes picmonkey for colleges xx

    Sophie | ssophiespot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I´ve tried Pixlr before but I somehow can´t really work with it, haha :) glad to hear that it works for you though :) x

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've every used PicMonkey! It definitely looks worth testing out:). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try, I really like that editing program :)
      Thank you x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig