09/03/2016

Glowy Skin On Dull Days

Glowy Skin on dull days flatlay with KIKO, Benefit, elf, Revlon
 If I look at my calendar it´s now officialy spring, but when I look out of my window all I can see is snow and grey clouds. 
Accordingly my skin doesn´t look better, it´s dry because of the sudden wheather changes and most of the time doesn´t have that healthy glowy look to it. Luckily we can help out with putting on highlighter to add that glow to the highest points of my faces to make me look like I just came back from holiday and am completely relaxed and happy.
As you can already see above I picked 4 highlighters, a liquid, two powders and a creamy stick highlighter that I would totally recommend to bring the sun to your face.

KIKO Radiant Touch Creamy Stick Highlighter in 100 Gold (8,50€)
This one was the very first highlighter I have ever bought and I really love it.
The shade could be described as a really champagney/ golden shade, it doesn´t have any glitter in it which was really important, it´s just pure glow once applied along the cheekbone. Even though it´s round, it will be really easy to apply it on the top of your cheeks, your nose and your brow bone.
As the texture is really creamy it´s also nice to blend it out, whether with your foundation brush or your fingers both work very well.
The lasting power and pigmentation is amazing if you look at the amazing price of only about 8€!

Benefit Sun Beam Liquid Highlighter (28€)
Another golden highlighter but this time it´s more on the bronzey side more than champagne and it´s liquid. I was really sceptical when I first purchased it but since I have heard many people loving it I thought I would just give it a try and I can say that I do like it, not love, but definitely a good like haha. 
It is described to add luminosity and gives you a natural, sunkissed radiance which is just what I need at this time of the year, where any last bits of my summer tan have faded and I´m pale as a ghost again. 
The only thing I´m not too keen on yet is how to properly blend it, I tried to blend it with my fingers but that resulted in some fine lines that could be seen where exactly the highlighter was ending, so I will try to finally get the RT Complexion sponge and see how that works.

KIKO, Benefit & Revlon Highlighter Swatches
elf Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems (3€)
Moving on to powder highlighter, this elf higlighter definitely is the cheapest one I own.
I couldn´t quite catch it on camera as the pigmentation is not enough for you to be able to see it, but when I look at it in the pan it looks more pinky but applied, it looks more like a coral colour. It has a tiny bit of glittery in it and as I said before the pigmentation isn´t that high but for the price it definitely is a good product. 
I could imagine that it would be sooo good to use it on the inner corner of your eyes to make them really pop. 
I haven´t used it that much yet, only for swatches, but from how hard it was to get it off I could imagine that it would only need a bit of retouching throughout the day.

Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow (11€)
I can´t even explain how much in love I am with this little palette of pure rosey light. 
The pigmentation is absolutely amazing, I really only need a small amount of product on my fluffy eyeshadow brush for it to be able to be seen in space (little joke here, haha) and also it gives you that really glowy look and also a hint of colour so absolutely perfect to bring spring to your face.
The best thing is that it kinda is multi-tasking, not only can you use it as a highlighting palette but also as a eyeshadow palette, you get 5 pinky toned shades that you could use individually as eyeshadows.
It´s also available in two other shades which I hope to get soon as I´m pretty impressed with the quality and colour payoff of this little thing :)

How do you bring glow to your face on dull grey days?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig