20/05/2016

Drugstore Makeup Sponges: Germany VS England

Drugstore Makeup Sponges: Germany VS England
Makeup sponges have become more and more a staple in the beauty world. I, personally love them a lot, it´s just way easiser to blend your makeup in, you won´t find any streaks on your face left, like you would if you´d use a brush, and I find that they are also a lot easier to clean.


The Original Beauty Blender is probably the most famous sponge, sadly also one of the most expensive ones. I haven´t tried it yet, but definitely have to as soooo many people rave about it! For now I like to reach back for the drugstore dupes, and this is also what´s today´s post is all about.
After trying several makeup sponges from the drugstore I found my personal 2 favourites, one is from the UK and one from Germany so I came up with the idea of comparing them to each other to see which country/brand does the best makeup sponges.
I parted this comparison/review in 5 parts and all the infos I use in this post is from the website descriptions and my personal experience

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge 

VS Ebelin Professional Precision Makeup Egg

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponges
Ebelin Professional Präzision Makeup Ei


Shape & Functionality

Real Techniques: The Miracle Complexion has a really unique shape with a rounded side for blending larger areas, a precision tip for little blemishes and a flat edge for contouring and the area around your eyes.
Ebelin: The professional precision makeup egg is in a tear drop shape which reminds me of the Beauty Blender. Again a rounded side but this time at the bottom for covering larger areas, a tip at the top for blending around the edge of your forehead, on your brow bone and around your lips

Texture & Squishiness

Real Techniques: This sponge is made out of a revolutionary foam which is very firm when dry, but expands in size and gets really squishy and light when it´s damp. When it´s damp it gets about twice as big as it´s normally is and is then very handy and easy to work with. The pores on this sponge are quite big, which makes it possible to apply literally everything with it, loose powder, concealer, foundation, cream contour, ... 
Ebelin: This makeup egg is latex-free, anti bacterial and vegan, in it´s dry condition you can´t really work with it as it´s too dry and doesn´t really keep any product on it. When it´s wet it does get a bit squishier and softer but now as much as the RT one. It´s pores aren´t big enough to really hold onto powder products but liquid products like concealer are no problem.

Clean Up

Real Techniques: I like to clean my sponges every 1-1 1/2, depends on how often I use it. To clean it you could either use RT own washing soap or a mild shampoo or baby shampoo. I put this sponge under luke warm water, squish it as long as it expands to it full size, put some baby shampoo in a bowl, roll my sponge it in and start massaging it in. After everything is as good as worked in, I put it again under luke warm water and squish it until it´s all dry again (you would be suprised how much makeup still comes out of it)
Because of it´s squishiness, this sponge is really fast and easy to clean
Ebelin: I do the same washing progress with this one, but I do find because of how firm it is it´s a bit harder to really get everything out of this sponge.

Replacement

Real Techniques: Real Techniques recommends to replace the Miracle Complexion sponge every 1-3 months (depends on how often you use it)
Ebelin: I haven´t found anything about how often you should replace this makeup egg, but I guess again every 1-3 months would be fine

Prize

Real Techniques: 6€ for one or 10€ in a double pack
Ebelin: 2,50€ for one

Result

And the winner is *dramatic drum roll* the UK with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. It´s just sooo good, and since Real Techniques has launched in Germany I luckily won´t have to pay any extra shipping costs to get this little piece of foamy perfection in my hand. The shape is really handy, you hae every part of your face covered with it, it´s soo squishiy and light when it´s damp, you can use it with every product, it´s easy to clean and so worth the 6€!
The Ebelin Makeup Egg is good too but just not as good as the RT one, I´m sorry Germany ;(

Do you prefer makeup sponges or brushes?
High end ones or from the drugstore?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig