18/05/2016

How To Make It Through Your Finals Without Completely Stressing Out

How To Make It Through Your Finals Without Completely Stressing Out
Right before I sat down to finally write this post I was studying and revising for my finals which are coming up in 5 weeks. If you ask me I´d love to write them right now in this second, not because I love writing exams (is this even possible?) but because I finally want to have my life back, haha.


Finals are an really important time in your life, an extreme stressful but also very exciting time. Exciting because after you hand over your last exam you will be done with school, how crazy! I still remember my first day at school and now I´m nearly done with it
To be more specific what I´m excited about, I´m excited about what´s to come next, after I graduate I´ll firstly have 8 weeks off, 8 weeks just for myself and this blog. I´ll try to change quite a lot of things on here, but that´s an other thing to talk about, haha :)
After these 8 weeks are over I´ll start an apprenticeship, which I´m like really excited about, my first time working full-time, I´ll meet a lot of new people there, I´ll probably have to face new challenges and handle with situations I never had to before.

Before all of that happens though, I need to get these **** exams behind me.
I´m in the middle of preparations and for now I´m still pretty relaxed, but I think that will change as soon as they are coming closer and closer.
My aim for this time of my life is to get through it as stress free as possible and this post is mainly there that we all get through it like that

My final preparation essentials:

Final Exam Preparations Essentials
Preparation and Revision are the keys to a successful result, but the keys for a successful preparation and revision are coziness and tidiness on your desk, you need to have as much space as possible to be able to think properly. I find if my desk is to cramped I can´t really do my revision because I feel really pressured and maybe even a bit claustrophobical (that developed since a few months, but it´s also an other story)
That´s why I have some fix essentials that really keep my desk tidy and everything in order

Notebooks

Taking notes is one thing that helps me the most, I can´t really study from huge work sheets or out of my full written excercise books, there is just so many unnecessary stuff that I really don´t need to know and also won´t never be able to remember.
That´s why I like to read site by site and write the most important things down in little notebooks which I could take everywhere I go and have a quick look on them on the go


Huge Pencil Cases

It´s unbelievable how much pencil and writing stuff you really need. Having them shattered all over your desk is just really annoying and it takes away a lot of time if you have to collect all your pens, rulers and text markers before turning a page.
Having all of this kind of stuff in a cute pencil case is definitely a lot better, even better if they are as huge as mine and you can fit literally everything in there. It´s cute aswell which makes the whole act of unpacking your stuff out of your bag a lot cooler, haha

Your Phone As A Calculator And Timer

What I might have forgotten to add in the heading above is to use your phone ONLY as a calculator and time, nothing else! Turn off your notifications, and just don´t answer any incoming calls, text messages or tweets, in this hour or two nothing is more important than your education. If it helps you, you could put on some relaxing quiet tunes to help you concentrate, but as soon as you notice that you start singing along turn it off.
I find the calculator that comes in iPhones actually quite good for the basic maths steps and as timer they are just perfect.

Candles To Bring Cosyness Into Your Room

If we already have to spend whole days (or only just a few hours) alone in our rooms, I would say we could atleast try to make it cosy in there. No one can really concentrate in a cold room, so burn your favourite candle and add a nice scent to your space. Get yourself a huge fluffy pillow and put it on your chair, we don´t want a sore bum, do we? Make yourself a hot chocolate or a tea or coffee and a nice little snack and put it somewhere near you, staying hydrated improves your concentration and the snack is just to stay happy

These 4 essentials will hopefully help me and you to push through this hard time, haha :)
I wish everyone who is taking their final exams or GCSE´s the best of luck, you can do this!!!

What helps you to stay concentrated and motivated?
Share your tips and tricks with us :) 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig