08/08/2016

Three Blushes Perfect for Summer: Guest Post from Iridescentplaces

Another lady that I´m really excited to have on my blog is Caroline from Iridescentplaces!
I absolutely love her blog and it´s definitely worth a follow so don´t miss out :)

Choosing a blush for Summer is definitely one of the hardest tasks for me. I'm always looking for a shade that compliments my skin tone and one that actually stays on in the heat. This means I tend to go for very pink/peach shaded blushers and I've got three which are a must to have in your collection!



Firstly is the Clinique Cheek Pop Blush 'Peach Pop'. This is one of the most gorgeous, highly pigmented and vibrant blushers I own. With a pink/peach undertone, although steering more on the pink side, it creates a very natural look, without making you seem overly 'flushed' (which you do not want in the heat). For my fair skin girls, this is such an ideal shade. It's not too strikingly hot pink and blends so easily into the skin that you can either build the product up or blend it out for whichever coverage you prefer. The product has great wear throughout the day, and is very creamy. Even cuter is how adorable the product is in the pan! Although the blush may seem very small, because it is highly pigmented you don't need to use that much of the product, the pan is also a little bit deeper than you find in most blushes. The plastic casing is actually quite luxurious feeling because it is of a thicker plastic, meaning it's durable and small, perfect for travelling! 
Secondly would have to be one of my all-times. Like holy grail. For me there would be no blush blog post without mentioning Milani Cosmetics Baked Blush in 'Luminoso'. As you can see from the swatch, next to Peach Pop, it's much more of a peach toned blusher. This however has a lot more of a highlighter quality in it as opposed to the Clinique one. It gives you a much more vibrant and glowy look, which I find sits so well on the skin when you want to wear it in the evening! I personally think this is a blush that would really suit all skin tones, however if you have darker skin, it may act more as a highlighter so would need a blush-top up as well.  What I love about this product is not only how creamy it is (definitely on par with the Clinique one), but how affordable it is. 


Lastly comes a very affordable blush. The I Heart Makeup Blushing Hearts in Peachy Pink Kiss  is another blush with highlighter qualities, but I'm talking immense highlighter qualities. I would almost go as far as saying this is practically a highlighter, and to some people it may seem like it! Although a little bit more of a powdery consistency this blush provides the ultimate glow on your cheeks. It's a very baby pin/silver toned blush highlighter combo which if used lightly (it's very pigmented!) it can just brighten up your everyday look. I would say that you would have to top it off with a blush, so I tend to apply this onto my cheeks and brush up to my cheekbones, and then apply a very light amount of the Clinique blush. It's definitely a winner for those who are on a budget as it retails for only £4.99. Some say that it's a dupe for Too Faced blushers, although I do have to argue, that they may look like it, but I’ve swatched them and they are a lot more of a blush than a highlighter/blush combo!

So there we have it, three of my go-to Summer blushers! These are perfect if you’re looking for a natural everyday matte look, or a glowy evening look! 
Pop in the comments what some of your favourite Summer blushers are!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig