10/08/2016

Top Summer Lip Products: Guest Post from DellaLovesNutella

Della from DellaLovesNutella gladly sent me over this post of hers to use as a guest post for during my holidays :)
I´m really happy about it and hope you like it as much as I did!
All her links can be found at the very end of this post :)
Well hello to you my reader chums!
Sea salt hair, blue skies and forever memories, summer has to be my favourite season. With the care free attitude and endless adventures, makeup takes a back step. I use the warmer months to allow my skin to breathe, wearing lighter coverage, and glowy highlight, leaving emphasis on the lips.
Caking up your face with makeup is the last thing you need in summer when the heat is at its highest. With the increase of sweating, a higher coverage of makeup will clog up your pores, making a break out more likely – not something you want when taking those important summer holiday snaps. It’s time then to pucker up, go bold and put your statement lips on show! Natural skin, a couple of coats of mascara and striking orange lips are my favourite look on a summers day.
From bold oranges to your typical nude, I vary it up throughout this season; here are my top options:

Mac’s Lady Danger (21€)

Orange lip lovers, this is a staple you need in your life especially in the summer time! If you’re heading to a BBQ, party or evening affair, the pop of colour will complete any time of outfit. Out of all Mac’s formulations, I find the matte ones to be my favourites, seeing me through every season. With long lasting power, a strong pigment of colour and opaque finish, what’s not to love? ‘Lady Danger’ I’d describe as a bright orangey-red, the fiery shade that screams fun. It’s truly versatile and I can wear it for a variety of occasions, yet summer time is the favourite period to pop it on.

Revlon’s matte balm in ‘Audacious’ (11€)

Bronzy tans, dewy skin and a lick of mascara, this lip product is one that completes the perfect natural summer look. ‘Audacious’ is a luminous orange (not as scary as you think), brighter than ‘Lady Danger and suits slightly warmer skin tones. I find this works with my complexion best on holiday when I’ve achieved a bit of a tan and my skin has that ‘summer glow’. The formulation is incredible, despite the ‘matte status’, feeling completely creamy upon application and doesn’t leave the lips dry.  Holding a peppermint scent, application is soft and the product settles on the lips like nothing has been applied. The lasting power is faultless, sticking to the lips through drinking and eating – a beautiful statement colour you need this summer.

Topshop’s ‘Rio Rio’ Lipstick (10€)

A dupe to ‘Lady Danger’, the Topshop lipstick in ‘Rio Rio’ is a top summery shade. In comparison, wearing power isn’t as long, however I find this lipstick to be more moisturising on the lips with a slight glean over the matte finish. The pigment is a tad orangeier and its formulation is velvety when applied; a staple orange shade to suit any skin tone.

NYX´s Soft Matte Lip Cream in ‘Stockholm’ (7€)

After jumping on the Nyx matte lipstick hype, I’ve fallen in love with the nude shade ‘Stockholm’, an everyday colour which matches with an array of looks. On days where I didn’t want to go too dramatic or bold with my lip options, I’ve opted for this nude choice. It gives an extra bit of warmth to the makeup look without looking too over the top for a natural face. The colour I would describe as a brown toned, dusky pink and the consistency applies buttery, yet sets matte. When the product has dried, the finish is completely matte but again like the other lipsticks I’ve mentioned aren’t drying on the lips. I’m truly impressed by the wear, formulation and overall colour pay off – a definite must have.

Nivea lip balm (2€)

Last but not least is a simple clear lip balm. When the warmer months hit, moisturising is essential even on your lips. I always carry around a lip balm, in particular this Nivea option because one it holds a sweet, fresh scent, two hydrates my lips and also gives the loveliest clear sheen upon application. Nivea products are the best at summer time because the scent is completely clean, nothing too sickly in the beaming heat.
I hope you enjoyed my top summer lips products post! What’s your go to lipstick?
Thank you for reading  <3 font="">
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig