01/01/2017

Makeup Favourites 2016

Makeup Favourites 2016
It´s officialy the end of 2016 since about 14 hours now.
Looking back at it, I (re)discovered some absolutely amazing makeup products that I will probably use throughout 2017 aswell.
It was hard to narrow my complete collection down, but I´ve done it and can say that these makeup products kept me good looking the whole year :)
I´m excited to see what I will discover in the new year but for now these were my favourite of 2016...

Two absolutely amazing primers, that kept my foundation in place, hid my pores and just gave me a beautiful base were the Benefit The POREfessional and a really recent discovery the Monuskin BB Cream Illuminating Primer. Both are more on the pricier side but so worth it.


My foundation collections keeps on growing, I´m normally someone who doesn´t use a whole bottle up before already wanting to try out a complete different foundation. Narrowing down to my absolute favourite foundation was therefore quite hard as I used about 5 different one, I came to the conclusion that the one who stole my heart was the
L´Oreal Perfect Match Foundation in Rosé Vanilla. I´m normally not one who is brave enough to go for a drugstore foundation as the colour range is most of the time not that precise that it really fits my pale skin tone. I did found a shade that is just perfect for me, even though it is a bit darker than my actual skintone, it adapts and blends heavenly into my skin, the coverage is enough to cover most spots and but still makes your skin look natural, loooooove it :)


I´ve sticked to nothing else to set my base than to the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in Light Plus since about 1 1/2 years now, that´s how much I love it.
It controls oil that appears throughout the day reeeally good, is ultra light on my skin and one thing that is really important to me when using a powder, that you don´t have that ugly powdery face, all I want in a powder is to mattify my T-Zone but not be visible, and that is exactly what this powder does for me. Even though it is again on the more pricier side I would definitely recommend it to everyone who doesn´t want to bother with 
re-appliyng powder throughout the day.


Bronzer has been a huge topic for me this year, I´m naturally pale and even when I´m on holidays I´m not someone who can sit in the sun 24/7 or even when I do so I´m not getting tanned really fast, and so bronzer has definitely been one of my most used products this year. I prefer bronzers that do have a orange undertone but more on the natural orange side, The Body Shop Honey Bronzer, is in this sight my favourite. The pigmentation is not too much and easily blendable, it stays on quite long and fits to my skintone really good.


For Brows I´ve been switching back and forth between brow powders and pencils, powders just look more natural but can´t give you an as precise finish as a good brow pencil. I came to the conclusion that my favourite brow product of the year is the Smashbox BrowTech ToGo, I´m 100% sure that I´ve mentioned it about a million times on my blog already but that´s just how amazing it is. As soon as I repurchase it, I´ll post a full review on it, but for now all you need to know is that it´s just incredibly pigmented, it´s easy to work with like you can´t really do anything wrong, and you can either go for a strong brow or a natural defined brow, it´s really up to you :)

Makeup Favourites 2016
Makeup Favourites 2016


Like probably a lot of girls I also have hooded eyes, sadly. Without an good eyeprimer it´s nearly impossible to make your eyeshadow stay on longer than a few hours, before it´s either creasing or the oil of my eyelids pushes through and just ""washes" the eyeshadow off. After trying several drugstore primers I finally made the jump and went for a pricier eyeprimer, the Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion, it´s so light and blendable and after it is set with a powder it really keeps my eyeshadow in place, I tried it out for NYE and it really held it´s promise, my eyemakeup looked flawless the whole night.


Moving onto eyeshadow, I have to be honest and say I haven´t used eyeshadow that much throughout the year but when I did I always prefered to reach for my beloved Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, the colour range is just absolutely perfect for someone who does want to set an accent to the eyes but doesn´t necessarily want to use vibrant colours. A good mixture of well pigmented and easy to blend eyeshadows, that´s how I would describe this palette, it will hopefully last me for a very long time.


Mascara is the one makeup product where I couldn´t just pick one. I have quite short lashes and so I often like to mix two mascaras to achieve lashes that I can live with, haha.
Two than make a dream team are the Maybelline LashSensational and the Maybelline The Falsies Push-Up Mascara. I use the LashSensational first for volume and after that the The Falsies Mascara for length and a wet look, used together they make a really good duo. My favourite on the pricier side is the Benefit RollerLash Mascara, my love for this mascara is immense. No lash curling is needed before that one and it makes my lashes so long that they reach up to my brow bone, amazing! This one is definitely worth a repurchase.


What I also really got into recently is eyeliner.
Because of my hooded eyes it was more easy to look like a panda than like I´m only wearing eyeliner, hahaha :)
So I was searching for an eyeline that has a really line tip and doesn´t dry out after using for like 3 times, I found the one in the Catrice Eyeliner Pen. It says to be long lasting and semi pigmented, which is true, it also dries down to a rather matte finish which I really love and it makes applying eyeliner even for a beginner fun and easy. I´m not sure if Catrice is being sold in the UK but if so it´s definitely worth to give a try.


What would this years favourite post be without mentioning the NYX lip products, a complete disaster, right? There was no other option for me than to include them in this post because of the amount I have confessed my love for them pretty much in almost every post throughout this year. No matter which NYX lip product, I love them all, starting from their infamous Soft Matte Lip Creams, moving onto to the Intense Butter Glosses, the Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks and to their Full Throttle Waterproof Lipsticks. I´m utterly in love with them, it still suprises me how this amazing quality can be offered for such a low price! 
Keep on going NYX :)


What has been your favourite makeup/skincare/haircare products this year? 


Don´t forget to follow me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig