23/10/2017

Switching the Makeup Picks for Autumn

Summer is over since a longer time now, yet I found myself reaching back for my summer makeup items, especially during the last days where we still had around 20 degree celsius. After a sudden drop in temperature I thought now is the perfect time to bring out my autumnal makeup favourites and keep them out for a very long time.

During summer I was more likely to reach for a light BB-Cream, instead of heavy full coverage foundations, a natural eyemakeup look and on the lips I preferred also a more natural pink/nude shade.
Well, for autumn I go for the complete opposite...
I really enjoy putting a heavy foundation on my face during the colder months. I take full advantage about the fact that I won´t sweat it away, but rather have the full coverage with an even flawless base. My favourites for that are the Rimmel Match Perfection, the L´Oreal Perfect Match and the last of what is left from my MAC Studio Fix Foundation.
The reason why I love all three of them is easy, with combination skin I always had the problem of it either being too oily or too dry. 
When I have the case of too oily skin, I reach for the RImmel or MAC foundation. Both have a semi-matte finish, and you can literally see every dry patch, but keep oil at bay. 
During dry skin days I reach for the L´Oreal Foundation, as it has a really glowy finish and dry skin patches are completely hidden and covered with it. The only negative thing about this foundation is, that it needs to be set again during the day as otherwise, things get too oily and glowy.

For the eyes I switch from a subtle shimmery nude to a full on daytime smokey eyes, or for autumnal shades from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. This palette is just made for this time of the year. I really love to use the caramel/beige or berry shades in the crease and the glittery nude shades on the lid for an easy everyday look. If I´m not using this palette, I reach for something like the MAC Satin Taupe Single Eyeshadow, which is a grey, slightly glittery shade all over my eye or an eyeshadow stick, like the RImmel Scandaleyes, a golden bronzey shade that I apply in a line along my lashline and then blend it out towards my crease. Simple but effective :)

My lipstick choice is probably the most different during the colder months, as I switch from nudes to berry and brown shades.
By far my favourite berry lip choice is the NYX Full Throttle in Locked. It´s waterproof, like you can literally drink everything, even really hot beverages, and it doesn´t fade or smudge at all. The colour pay off is really lovely and the lipstick just feels really comfortable to wear all day long.
I find myself reaching for liquid lipstick every now and then, and one of my current favourites is the NYX Lingeries, they are really pigmented and when used with a lip balm underneath also comfortable to wear. The colour range is really big and goes from paler pink/nudes to really dark browns and reds.

How do you switch your makeup up for the colder months?

Shop the Post:

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig