03/06/2015

Save or Splurge? - Setting Powder

This time I will compare two beauty necessitys - Setting Powders!
It seems like everyone is always on the hunt for THE perfect powder that will give you that flawless matte finish that will possibly last the whole day without having to worry about shiny skin. 
Under all my makeup I found 2 powders that literally couldn´t be farer away from each other.

Again they couldn´t be farer away, one is from the Highstreet, the other one is High End, MAC´s is obviously the more pricey product with 31€ and contains 10g. Rimmel´s is this time the budget friendly product with 3,30€ and contains 14g.
I´m speechless, I never thought that the Stay Matte Powder is only one tenth of the price of the Mineralize Skinfinish but contains 4g more product which is a lot of powder!
I got this Mineralize Skinfinish Neutrals Powder in Light Plus. On the website it says that this is a luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish and it provides perfect light coverage. It can be used to fix and set foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day. In the newer versions of this powder is a mirror compacted.
Now, I use it in the morning to set my foundation and I can say that I absolutely love the finish of this powder. It makes your skin look velvety soft and it really does add light coverage which, if you use a good coverage foundation, can give you a airbrush like skin.

I got this powder in the shade 001 Transparent. This powder promises to control shine with the help of natural minerals for up to 5 hours, minimizes the appearance of pores and it is dermatologically tested.
Before I got the MAC powder I used this powder on a daily basis and it definitely leaves a matte finish and maybe it minimizes the pores but if you´re under a light or just outside and look closely into a mirror, you can clearly see little particels of the powder which is the only negative thing I see in this product! It really is transparent which is a brilliant idea, because you can use it throughout the whole year, whether you are tanned or pale or whatever!

THE RESULT: SPLURGE
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder is soooooooo worth the splurge, the finish you get is an absolute dream and I can say from my own experience, that you really don´t need a lot of product! I only swipe twice over the powder and that´s basically enough! Rimmel Stay Matte is good too, but if you have used the other powder once you never want to go back! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig