15/09/2015

Save or Splurge? - Mascara

This is probably the hardest "Save or Splurge" post I will ever write. It includes the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, probably the best and most talked about dupe ever. I often participate in Beauty Blogger chats over on Twitter and very often I read people discussing whether the Roller Lash or the LashSensational Mascara is better. Both have such a similar finish, it´s crazy.


The Roller Lash Mascara costs 24$ and contains 8,5g Mascara. 
On the Benefit website it says, the mascara is super-curling and lifting, is easy to remove, contains Provitamin B5 and Serin which are known for their lash-conditioning benefits, is water resistant, is in Ink black and has a satin finish.
6/7 of these details are definitely true, I haven´t tried if it´s really water resistant but I will definitely give it a try.
I´m soooooo in love with this mascara! The finish it gives is breath-taking, after applying it my lashes literally go up to my brows without needing a lashcurler(!) and it also stays like that the whole time, it is easy to apply on my lower lashes and so easy to remove. It can be applied to a more natural finish or very dramatic with more layers.


The LashSensational Mascara costs 8,99$ and contains 9,5ml Mascara.
Based on the Maybelline website this mascara is said to have a unique fanning brush that is supposed to volumizes your lashes from root to tip and it has a full black intensity.
The best way to get the most out of this product is to start with the inner curve to reach the roots of lashes and then follow through tips of lashes with the longer bristles to fan them out!
I can say that in fact this mascara gives you volume at the roots and gives the rest of your lashes aswell a intense black shade. The best way to get the most out of the mascara is the way described on the website but you´ll be completely fine if you just wiggle it through your lashes, I find the difference of the finish isn´t that different.

RESULT: Splurge and treat yourself to a high-end mascara!!! 
As I said before the finishes are really similar, but I do find the RollerLash is a tini tiny little bit better! My lashes just feel so much softer, look more natural, are longer and it´s just so much faster to remove which is a really important thing when you´re as lazy as I am in the evening. Also if you go for the RollerLash you won´t have to buy another waterproof mascara as it´s all in one! The LashSensational is a definitely a really good dupe if you are on a budget, but I´ll definitely treat myself with this mascara :)

Which of these mascara´s do you like better? Do you maybe have found another dupe for the RollerLash Mascara?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. gorgeous photos lovely, and a great post. I love high end products and chanel mascara is my absolute favourite!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed the post :) x

      Delete
  2. I love Lash Sensational - my HG mascara!!
    Tori xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roller Lash is my absolute holy grail, I LOVE it!! I've never tried the Lash Sensational so I'll definitely have to give that one a try next!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this comparison so hard as I love them both but they're so similar that I would probably go for the maybelline one with it being cheaper - although I do find it makes my eyelashes a bit stiff!
    Amy x
    Call Me Amy

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig