15/11/2015

Brand Focus: NYX Cosmetics

 NYX is a brand I actually really didn´t pay much attention to when I was strolling through my local drugstore, but that has changed since I was watching more and more beauty tutorials on Youtube and the brand launched in the UK. 
I was so happy when NYX finally brought their most hyped products over to Germany and I literally couldn´t contain myself from picking some stuff up!

NYX rivals many high end brands like MAC, Benefit, etc. by producing good quality and similar stuff, but for only 15€ or less. They basically offer any product you could think of, from highlighters to matte lip creams, from eyeshadow palettes and brow pomades to contouring products, which are all available for every skin tone.
My first ever purchase was the "Love in Paris" eyeshadow palette in "Merci Beaucoup" for 12€ and I have to say I was so impressed with the pigmentation of these shades, and how easy they are to blend in! The "Love in Paris" range contains about 6 different eyeshadow palettes, all with really lovely colour combinations. The one that I got is more autumnal with the dark brown, beige, golden and burgundy shades, but I´m really thinking whether I should go and pick another one up soon.

Then I picked up the Powder Blush in "Mauve" for 6€.This blush is really pigmented, so you need a really light hand otherwise you´ll basically look like a clown. It´s a beautiful pink shade but the actual shade everyone wants to have is "Taupe" THE ultimate drugstore contour product, which I will hopefully be able to get really soon.

and now we come to the new released american goodies, the Soft Matte Lip Cream in "San Paulo" and "Copenhagen" for 7€ each.
I´m so in love with them, if I would have enough money I would literally pick up every single shade they have! But obviously that is not possible so I went for a red-y/pink-y shade and the perfect berry/purple shade, both amazing to wear during autumn and winter. The taste of them is very sweet and the application really needs some practice for someone like me, who never worked with pigmented liquid lipstick before, but nothing that lipliner and concealer can´t fix ;)

A product that appears in loads of beauty tutorials whether on Youtube or Instagram is the Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk" for 6€
This one is so much fun to experiement with, it has a really creamy texture which gives it a lovely feeling on the eyelid and also so easy to blend. Many girls use this whether as a eyeshadow base or as eyeshadow blended into your actual eyemakeup. I´m still trying to do my best for it too look good, haha.

There are still sooooo many products I want to get from NYX. What do you want to get? What would you recommend?

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I definitely have my eye on the matte lip creams! Also the contour palette and the brow cake powder have been on my wish list for a while! X

    Northernsoulbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to choose a shade of the matte lip creams, there are soo many haha :)
      The contour palette looks really nice! x

      Delete
  2. omg these are all so gorgeous...need to try out nyx! x
    www.okaaythen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely need to give it a try! I think you can't go wrong with them, doesn't matter what you choose to try :) x

      Delete
  3. I really want that milk pencil!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get it if you can! It's soooo worth it :) x

      Delete
  4. Mauve looks gorgeous! I know they've relaunched the blush line so I hope there's still a similar shade! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look and I think "Mauve'n Out" is as good as the same shade :) x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes definitely! There are so many things I still want to get :) What are you gonna go for? x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Even though they are matte they don't dry out my lips that bad, which makes it even harder for me not to get every thing haha :)
      What shades do you want to get? x

      Delete
  7. I really need to get my hands on some NYX products - the eyeshadow palette looks amazing, I love the look of the Autumnal colours. I have always liked the look of their lip creams too.

    Kristy | www.thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nyx jumbo eye pencils - great multiuse products as eyeliners and eyeshadow bases.
    ________

    www.isabellekategm.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig