03/11/2015

Review // Makeup Revolution Contour & Base Corrector Palette


Makeup Revolution launched their Contour & Base Corrector Palette some weeks ago and that was the chance for everyone to finally get a contour palette that´s good in quality and most important, not too pricey! I got both palettes and one of their new brushes which, I think, launched around the same time. I tried my best to try every shade from both palettes so I can give you a honest review.

Let´s start with the Contour Palette (11€) it contains 8 shades 3 brown shades for contouring every skin tone, 3 powders to set your concealer and 2 highlighting shades to illuminate your cheekbone. All of them have a really good pigmentation.
For contouring I often switch between the lightest brown in the middle and the brown shade on the left, I guess I will go for a deeper contour during the winter months and when I actually have perfected my skills. They are so easy to blend and are perfect for fair skin since it doesn´t have an orange undertone but more of a grey/ashy undertone.

To apply my contour I use the Pro F105 Contour Brush (5€). It has incredibly soft bristles, which I really didn´t expect, it´s light weighted, which makes it easy to work with, also the shape is perfect for contouring, it so easy for me to do it the right way. If you are going to get the palette, get this brush too!

For setting my concealer I don´t really use the 3 powders above, simply because I find that they are really visible and make my concealer start to crease, could maybe be because of my concealer. I do find that they could work really well as transition shades for eye makeup, same for the brown shades.

For highlighting I have tried the lighter shade above, and the pigmentation is amazing and could look really nice applied with a fan brush. I haven´t tried the brown highlighter but I bet it looks really nice with a tan so it works together as a kind of bronzer and highlighter. I will report back on that once I have tried it ;)

Now to the Base Corrector Palette (8€). It contains 8 different concealer shades each for an individual purpose. Starting left upper corner:
Pink - Brightens
Lavender - Neutralises Yellow Tones
Green - Neutralises Redness
Orange - Neutralises Blue Tones
Peach - Helps to balance out slight discolouration
White - Adds natural highlight and brightens
Cream - Neutralises Purple & covers dark areas
Brown - Balances ashiness in medium to dark skin tones

I use the colours Green, Orange, Peach and Brown the most. Green is amazing to cover any redness and blemishes, I simply put some on my concealer brush and dap it onto to blemish I want to cover. Orange, Peach and Brown is great as concealer or to neutralise the under-eye area and then put some concealer over it. I apply them with my concealer brush, blend it in with my foundation brush and then put foundation over it. 
You can barely see any discolouration afterwards.

Have you tried one of those palettes before? Any other recommendations from Makeup Revolution?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That base corrector palette is a lifesaver!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! The green makes all blemishes dissapear x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig