13/01/2016

Real Techniques Buffing Brush vs. Zoeva Silk Finish

One of my favourite steps in my daily makeup routine is applying foundation. 
I love the difference it can make when it is applied with the right tools.
There are sooo many different ones, from sponges to many different types of brushes, that´s why I like to change and try new brushes out every now and then.
My two favourites so far have to be the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and the Zoeva Silk Finish Brush (13€). Both are really popular amongst the blogger world so I thought I would share what I think of them and compare them to each other. Both are definitely worth trying out though, so go for what you want to :)

The Real Techniques Buffing Brush is the one I´m currently using and I really like it! You can´t get it as a single brush sadly, but the Core Collection includes some other really good brushes that are definitely worth trying out! The buffing brush is cruelty-free, really light because of it´s aluminium handle and said to be ideal for applying powder and mineralize foundation. I love the size of this brush and the softness of the bristles, this way it is possible to get an even and natural looking finish. Also it doesn´t take me that long in the morning to really blend in my foundation and also the brush barely "sucks up" the foundation while using it! I´ve been using it for about 2 weeks constantly now and it doesn´t look dirty in the slightest :)

I used the Zoeva Silk Finish brush before and it is described as a "silky hallelujah"! All in one the bristels are soft but in comparison to the RT one it is kinda stiffer, and it keeps its form of a small round brush, even after a few weeks of constantly using it. You could see that as a pro or contra, but I find that I spent more time on applying and blending in my foundation with this one! The finish is really pretty, silky-naturally and even so it is kinda worth it. On the website it says that this brush could also be used to apply powder, which I haven´t tried out yet but I also can´t really imagine how that could work, as it is not really soft enough to actually blend it properly in. A huge plus that this brush has is that, it is vegan, made of taclon bristles and available in really pretty colours like rosé gold, pink, etc. which I looove!

Winner: Real Techniques Buffing Brush
The Real Techniques Buffing Brush is a lovely brush that you should definitely try out at some point! It´s sooo soft, amazing quality, it only takes a few minutes to really blend in the foundation as the brush is quite big and also so easy to clean!
The price of about 20€ is also really good if you look at the fact that you get 4 amazing brushes!

Have you tried one of these two brushes? What is your favourite tool to apply foundation?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love the RT buffing brush, it's brilliant!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never imagined it to be that good! x

      Delete
  2. I can't tell you how useful this was, I use the RT for face but I have recently changed my eye brushes to Zoeva (which I love) was considering changing face too! I will stick with what i've got now! Thanks for sharing :) X Gemma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You´re welcome! I´m so glad to hear that I could have helped you :) x

      Delete
  3. Love the buffing brush but even though it won might still try the Zoeva silk finish.

    http://meganemilybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try if you want :) It certainly isn´t a bad one, haha x

      Delete
  4. The Buffing Brush is my one true love!

    Kiran | www.alittlekiran.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig