10/02/2016

A Pinky Glowy Valentines Day

Valentines Day Inspired Makeup Flatlay
NYX, MAC, Maybelline, Zoeva Valentines Day Makeup Close Up
Revlon, MAC, Maybelline, Chloé, Maybelline and Zoeva Valentines Day Makeup Closeup
It´s Valentines Day on Sunday and the first thing that comes up in my mind is red and pink hearts and all in one just a lot of love. You could say love is in the air... but no definitely not for everyone, haha. Now when you´re like me and don´t have a special someone to spend the day with you can still have a fun time going out with your girls and also put a lot of effort into your valentines themed look.
I´m a typical girl that can´t have enough pinky/rose tones, shimmer and glow in her makeup so I got everything together to create loads of different look that include these aspects more or less!

Base:
I find glowy skin is a must for this time, having dull tired skin could ruin the whole look. So I like to reach for a full coverage foundation, over my loved The Body Shop Instablur Primer, the MAC Studio Fix in NC15, blended it with my Real Techniques Buffin Brush it gives a natural look yet every blemish and redness is covered. To cover my dark under-eye area and to complete my base I blend in the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 with the same brush as my foundation.
Before I get my glow on I like to fix my T-Zone and make it matte as I´m not the biggest fan of shine everywhere, not only on my cheekbones, using the NYX Matte Finish Spray. A pink glowy highlighter practically screams to be used on Valentines Day and for that I like to reach for my newest love the Revlon Highlighter Palette in Rose Glow, to apply that I take a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush and swipe it across every shade and you literally get the most beautiful pinky glow you could imagine!

Eyes:
Before I get my eyeshadow on I fill in my eyebrows using this duo.
For eyes I have two options for you, one that is more pinky toned and one more red-y berry coloured. The pink option consists of the Astor Eyeshadow Stick in Chic Nude as a base and blended with stiffer blending brush to create a kinda smokey look. To add that before said shimmer to this look I take the same brush and a lot of MAC´s All That Glitter Eyeshadow and firstly tap in on my lid and then also into my crease.
The more red-y berry option is really quick and that would be to use the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate and tap that in with your finger and slightly blend it out to more of a cat-eye look. After that you could either leave it like that or apply some liquid eyeliner as a tiny cat flick my favourite for that has to be the Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner.
Currently I´m all about long voluminous black lashes. For the voluminous part I use the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara and work it mainly into the roots of my lashes, and then for extra length and even more volume I recently started using the Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. It has a really wet consistency so you would have to be careful with it, apart from when you´re a fan of spider lashes, haha :). The way to get the most of this mascara is to just blink through it, your lashes will get a lot longer!

Lips:
I do love a good red lip but it demands a lot of retouching throughout the day/night so this year I will go for a classic pinky-nude shade. I´m a huge fan of matte liquid lipsticks at the moment, so far I have only tried the Soft Matte Lip Creams from NYX and I really love them, a velvety texture that dries matte and lasts for a really long time. In the picture above I´ve got the shade Tokyo, a lovely light nude tone :)
Matte is definitely not something for everyone and for that I have two options both are nude and shiny. Two of my favourite lipsticks from MAC are, Cremecup with a Cremesheen finish and Angel with Satin Finish. If I would have to describe these two shades I would say they are those typicall "my lips but better" shades. They just add that hint of colour to your lips and stay on for quite a long time before disappearing evenly, so no worries about having to check very often.

Before I´m out the door I spritz the Chloé Love Story Perfume on and I´m good to go :)

What are your plans for Valentines Day?
What are some Valentines Day Makeup Essentials that you will definitely wear?

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. That revlon blush palette is gorgeous!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a dream! Get it if you can :) x

      Delete
  2. Heard so many good things about The Body Shop InstaBlur!

    Sinead | subject-beauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite so far! It really keeps my Makeup on all day and isn't too oily aswell :) x

      Delete
  3. Your photos look amazing and you've got some great picks! I've been wanting to try the Nyx soft matte lip creams for ages

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Go and get them, I have 3 now and they are all absolutely stunning and just amazing! :) x

      Delete
  4. I love the lip options. I'm personally going for NARS Barbara, also a nude. I'll have to check out Creme Cup. xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      and I´ll have to check out some NARS lipsticks! I haven´t tried any yet xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this post! I've found some great products to try! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You´re welcome haha :)
      Glad to hear that! x

      Delete
  6. Soooo cute, I can't pick my favourite! <3 x

    corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can completely understand that, haha! :) x

      Delete
  7. well it was my birthday last weekend as well as valentines day and I had no other half to spend it with so I went to my local pub to watch a local band which I have got to say was one of the best nights I have had in ages. Got to spend some time with my friends.

    My make up was very minimal as I didn't have plans to go out it was a last minute decision.
    I wore bourjois healthy mix foundation, I bronzed and put some blusher on from the ciate by Olivia Palermo such a pretty compact it's in the colour Bluff and a really nice red lipstick :-)

    This is a really good post Laura

    Andrea
    http://beautywithandrea36.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds amazing! I heard only good things abut the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation so I definitely need to find a way to test it :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig