20/03/2016

Pastels & Nudes On Your Nails

Hello and welcome Spring! Nice to see you again.
Today it´s finally spring and since I have already transformed my whole daily makeup look into something lighter, with less coverage and pinky/nude shades on my lips and eyes, it´s now time to do the same with nails.
I´m not one of those girls who constantly has her nails freshly painted and has the perfect shape, in fact I have really small, short, weirdly formed ones that could use a manicure every now and then.
Anyway I put together some nail polishes that are just perfect for the bright spring time and will hopefully match all Outfits.

THE NUDES:
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel:
The first pinky nail polish is actually a duo that comes really close to a professional done gel pedicure. The shades I own are "219 Birthday Suit" (12€) & "100 Top Coat" (12€). Birthday Suit is like the perfect everyday nude shade, together they last for atleast 4-5 days and the way you apply them is: you apply 1 or 2 layers of the coloured nail polish, wait until it´s dry and apply then the top coat. No UV light is needed just a lot of patience as the nail polish takes ages until it´s completely dry. The finish is totally worth it though, a shiny finish that makes your nails hard so no worry about them breaking,haha.

OPI Nail Lacquer:
The next favourite of mine is the OPI Nail Lacquer in "Dulce De Leche" (16€). Oh my god can we please appreciate this dusty rose shade, I´m absolutely in love with it. It´s a lot darker than the Sally Hansen pink shade but still perfect to wear on a daily basis. I think it´s the best option to go for during that time when it´s just slowly changing from winter to spring. Also you only need 1 layer to get the full pigmentation.

Chanel:
This is the most expensive nail polish I own (or better my sister owns as I always just borrow her stuff) and it´s the Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in "493 Jade Rose" (24€).Sadly this shade was discounted, so let me know if you know a dupe for this shade. In comparison to the other nail polishes this one is still nude but has a more orangey/coraly undertone which makes it look to me like a blush pink shade. I´m not sure if I would have spend that amount of money on a nail lacquer but it is definitely a nice piece to have on your vanish.

Essie:
Essie is a brand that I would happily spend every penny I have on. The quality and lasting power is just amazing and don´t get me even started on the colour range, I think we can all agree that it´s hard to walk past Essie in the drugstore and not pick one or two up. I have a base coat here that helps your nails to grow stronger (9€). I´m not too sure if it really has a colour once it is applied as I haven´t used it for quite a while but I believe not. Anyway it´s a good product to wear underneath to protect and strengthen your nails.

THE PASTELS:
Maybelline:
Switching over to the pastels, the first one I have to show you is the shade "615 Mint For Life" (7€). Not only does it has a really cute name but the colour is like the perfect mint shade for spring to bring a light hint of colour into your life. The pigmentation is really good and lasts up to a good 3 days, but I think that´s fine for a drugstore nail polish.

KIKO:
A really similar colour to the Maybelline one is the KIKO Nail Lacquer in "345 Jade Green (2€). As you can see from the picture though is that this shade is slightly more blue, you could even describe it as a baby blue maybe? For the price this product is absolutely lovely, KIKO nail polishes in general are really good quality so you can´t be wrong with any shades you get from them.

Manhattan:
The last nail lacquer that I love is a really colourful one, as you can see it´s green and the colour pay-off on the nails is as strong as you can see it in the bottle. It´s a lovely green though, which I sadly have no idea what it´s called, it is not like a frog green but more of a springy grass green which can really compliment a casual outfit. I need two layers of it till it fully covers my nail. I´m not sure if Manhattan is available everywhere but if it is then it´s definitely worth a try.

Where do you like to get your nail polish from?
Which shade do you like to reach for during spring and summer?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig