23/03/2016

What Has & Will Change On Get Ready With Laura

Get Ready With Laura Changes
Having a blog means always having to change things a bit to keep your readers interested and making their visit as pleasant and easy as possible. There aren´t only visible changes though, over the last couple of month I have done some changes which didn´t affect my readers that much and were more of a "behind the scene" change that had only advantages for me, as writer of this blog. 
As you can read from the caption I wanted to use this post to let you all know what has & will be going on on this blog.
So here´s the honest truth about "GetReadyWithLaura"

Pinterest
Pinterest is used and described by many bloggers as a platform that can drive a lot of traffic to your blog. I haven´t spend that much time before, figuring out how it can increase my traffic until now. Just recently I signed up for Pinterest Analytics, so I´m able to see what interests my followers on there the most, how they find my account and through which pins they come to my blog. Pinterest Analytics is really easy to use and sign up to. Everything is perfectly described and put into different categories, so the only thing you really have to do is pin, pin, pin and watch.
I also read a lot of other blog posts dedicated on how to drive traffic to your blog, using Pinterest. I have noticed 2 words that were mentioned quite often, "Rich Pins". At the moment I´m still figuring out how they work and how I can use them in the future. I would really appreciate some help, so if you can help me or if you even have a post about Pinterest, feel free to leave the link to it in the comments below.

Layout
There are several things I could change around in my Layout to make my Blog better looking and easier for you to navigate through. One thing that I finally got to do was creating a Favicon. A favicon is that small symbol that you can see above, before the name of the site you have opened (I hope you know what I mean,haha). For my Favicon I choose the same lipstick drawing that is also in my header and I think it looks fine, haha. 
One of the best changes layout wise that I have done in the last time, was switching from Blogger Comments to Disqus. I absolutely love Disqus and don´ t regret changing to it at all. It is really easy to switch over to, you get an email as soon as someone comments on your posts and the best is that the person who commented will get notificated once I have replied to their comment, which makes it possible to have an actual discussion with them, that wasn´t possible when I still had Blogger Comments. The only down side the switching over has, is the point that your old comments won´t get transfered, so you basically start at 0 with your comments.
My most recent addition to my layout was the "What You Might Also Like" Widget. It is at the end of every post and shows similar posts from the past that could interest the reader aswell. Again the main thought behind it was driving traffic to older posts and so far I can say that it does work. I got mine from LinkedWithIn, again it was really easy to set up and you can choose whether you want 3 or up to 5 posts shown under every post.

Photography
I´m not sure if you have noticed yet, but I recently changed the main background of my photos, from a white pillow to a huge white wooden board. I got it from a local store for about 20€, and it was totally worth it. It is a lot easier to arrange products on it, since it is a proper "hard" underground now, my lipsticks for example don´t roll around anymore, haha.
Another really exciting change, or better addition photography wise was buying the Canon 50mm lense. A lot of my favourite beauty bloggers are using this lense, and I can absolutely understand why. This lense focuses really well on only one thing, makes it sharp looking and makes the background blurry so the main focus lays on that one product. It catches light very well, making my pictures a lot brighter and more natural looking than before, and the last thing I have noticed so far is that the gray shadow that the basic Canon lense leaves on your pictures is completely gone. 

Working With Brands
The last and most time consuming change that will only have an visible affect in the far future is creating a Media Kit.
For the longest time I didn´t even know that almost all "big" blogs have Media Kits, which they send out through emails to show brands, they want to work with, their stats (monthly pageviews, etc.). I have saved some posts over on Bloglovin that describe really exact how to create your own media kit and what it has to include. I will have to have a proper read through these posts after I´m done with my finals, so about July, to make mine as perfect as it can possibly be and hopefully work with some more brands in the future. The benefit that my readers will have from that is, that I can hopefully give you a honest review of the newest releases, maybe even introduce you to new brands and products and what I really hope to do, lead a giveaway with some lovely prices to show how thankful I am for you reading my blog.

What has changed:
Pinterest Analytics
Favicon
Switching over to Disqus
"What You Might Also Like" Widget
Photo Background
Canon 50mm Lense

What will change:
Using "Rich Pins"
Creating a Media Kit

Any changes you have done in the past on your blog?
What are your plans for the future?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig