16/05/2016

6 Drugstore Bronzers For Pale Skin || Review & Swatches

Bronzers are one thing that I enjoy to use throughout the whole year, together with a good blush it can make a huge difference to your whole look or just add a little special.
Especially for ghost pale skinned girls like me bronzers are literal life savers, transform me from a girl who looked like she has never seen the sun in her life to a girl who looks like she just came back from the Maledives and has spent every minute of it in the pure sun, sounds like something I could need right now, haha :)


For contouring I like to use cool/ashy browns, but for bronzing I´m all about the warm toned/orangey browns
It might sound scary to apply orange/brown powder to pale skin, but with the right amount you can look like a bronzed godness
Coming back to the right amount, to make sure I indeed apply just the right amount I use the Real Techniques Contour Brush (20€), the Real Techniques Blush Brush (12€), and the Makeup Revolution F105 Brush (5€) for powder bronzers and for cream/stick bronzer I use the MAC 130SE (11€ it was in a christmas set).
(Makeup Revolution Swatches: same left to right order as in the palette)

Makeup Revolution Contour Palette (10€)

My probably cheapest bronzer are actually 4 (this was a bit confusing but you get me). I like to use this palette when I go for a more subtle look, as the pigmentation is not the best but definitely buildable with the MR brush. 2 shades (apart from the second and the fourth one) are more orangey and look very summery tanned around my forehead. The second shade is a cool toned one which is perfect for contouring and the fourth shade is a brown highlighter with a hint of glitter in it. I have used every shade so far apart from the brown highlighter but after swatching it I definitely have to use it more often

NYX Wonderstick in Universal (12€)

My newest purchase is this cream contour/bronzer/highlighter stick. It´s probably the most orangey of the whole collection and I haven´tried it that much yet but I find the size of the stick is just perfect to go into the hollows of the cheeks and because of it´s creamy consistency it´s blendable and also really easy to apply around the forehead and to blend afterwards. The staying power is extremely good, after swatching it on my forearm I had to go over it with my makeup remover very often to remove it completely

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (16€)

This is a classic bronzer. I got to know about it through the blogging world and it´s probably my favourite one! It´s the perfect shade for pale skin, not too warm and not too cold, the pigmentation is just the right amount and I absolutely love using it. The packaging is also very cute, has a small mirror in it and the bronzer itself looks like a honeycomb, big love for this bronzer.

(Starting at the bottom: NYX Wonderstick in Universal ; The Body Shop Honey Bronzer : Bourjois Delice de Poudre : Manhattan Blush in Golden Brown ; ArtDeco Mineral Bronzing Powder Pearls)

Bourjois Delice de Poudre (6€)

A chocolate smelling bronzer is a winner from the start, and it not only smells like chocolate but also looks like a chocolate bar! The packaging kinda reminds me of the Benefit boxes :) The bronzer itself is from it´s texture really soft and again buildable, I find that really important in a bronzer as I don´t always want to go for the full bronzed look. With this bronzer you can achieve a really beautiful look that stays on for quite a good time, it´s easy to blend and is not too warm toned for pale skin

Artdeco Mineral Bronzing Powder Pearls (13€)

The most travel friendly bronzer is this ones, as you can see you get a brush together with the actual product which is also suprisingly good. It´s kinda stiff and so perfect to use in the hollows of your cheeks. The pearls are SO pigmented, I would even say you should be careful with it as only one or two taps with the brush on them is enough to get the full pigmentation on your face. It´s again a warm toned bronzer, but not too much for pale skin. I think I´ll use it very often this summer

Manhattan Powder Rouge in Golden Brown (4€)

I saved the best for the end, if I had to recommend you one product to get when you come to Germany it would be exactly this one! It´s just soooo amazing!
I firstly discovered it through my mum, she has been using it for soo long now and it always looked fab on her, so I gave it a try one day and since then I can´t get enough of it. You could say it was love after one use, haha :)
However the colour is a lovely bronzey brown with an almost red undertone, it contains the lightest amount of golden shimmer and the pigmentation is unbelievable!
If I apply it in the morning it will easily stay on until lunch time, and I tend to lean on my hands throughout the day so that´s a really good staying power

What are your favourite bronzers?
Do you prefer those from the drugstore or high end bronzers?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig