04/05/2016

The Blush Tag

The Blush Tag || Manhattan, Sleek, L´Oreal, MaxFactor, Catrice, NYX, Revlon
Blushers can be the one addition to your daily makeup look that really makes a change. No matter what colour you choose, pink/coral/peach/..., it always adds a nice hint of colour that will definitely make your skin less tired and you, in general, just healthier and bette looking. In the last few months I´ve been getting a bit more into blush, so I thought I would do the Blush Tag, to simply give you all a round up of my favourite ones. As you can see above, I really don´t have that many blushers yet, so I thought it might be a good idea to also list products in the answers that I want to try or heard that they were really good products. I took all questions from the Makeup Sessions blog, as she had some quite good ones that I would love to answer too :)


1.What blush color suits you the most?
My skin is quite pale so I think I tend to reach for very light & pastel colours as blushers, just like pinks and peach colours. If I do leave out of the bronzer I like to go for a bronzey, brown blush, which I actually first discovered through my mum as she always wears that kind of colours and she always looks fab!

2.Pressed, cream, or loose blush?
It always depends on the season, during the summer months I like to go for cream blush as it tends to stick better to my skin. During the winter months though, I do prefer my good old pressed blushers. It´s easier to reapply and I think cream blushers could end in a mess if I pull my scarvers up to my ears, haha. I haven´t tried loose blush yet, I actually don´t want to either, as I´m not the biggest fan of loose powders and I could imagine it´s harder to find the right amount of it.

3.Favourite shimmery blush?
All in one I don´t prefer shimmery blushes, maybe a tiny bit shimmer is okay but it shouldn´t look like too much. I find my Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow (9€), gives just the right amount of colour, glow and shimmer. From what I have heard and definitely want to get at some point are the Hourglass Blushers in Champagne Rose (35€), they are just amazing! Lovely colour range and the packaging is pure luxus itself.

4.Favourite matte blush?
Thinking about it now, I don´t think any of my blushers are really completely matte. The one that comes the closest to being matte is the Catrice Defining Blush in Rose Royce (3,50€). It was my very first blush and I absolutely love it! The colour is really nice, it lasts for a very long time which suprised me a lot as it´s really not the most expensive blush. I´m not sure if the Charlotte Tilbury Blushers are completely matte, but they are also products that I would love to own.

5.Favourite cream blush?
I absolutely adore my Sleek Blush By 3 Palette in Californ.i.a (13,50€), especially the darker pink shade on the left side as it is kinda matte and looks soo pretty when it´s blended out across the whole cheekbone. The colour suits my skin tone really good and also the staying power is amazing, as it´s again only a drugstore blush. What I have to try soon are cream blush sticks! I feel like they are lovely to apply and so far I have seen that KIKO (8€), Charlotte Tilbury (40€) and Nars (34€) have some.

6.Favourite drugstore blush?
If you look at the picture above you can see that I literally only own drugstore blushes, haha. So basically if I only want a bit of colour I´ll reach for the L´Oreal Le Blush (10€), the Catrice Blush (3,50€) or the MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush (8,50€). If I want to use really pigmented ones I go for the NYX Powder Blush (3€) or the Manhattan Powder Rouge in Golden Brown (4€). If I´m too lazy to apply blush AND highlighter I´ll go for my newest addition the Revlon Highlighting Palette (9€).

7.Favourite high-end blush?
After my last answer, this one has to be answered in a kinda wishlist of mine. If I would have enough pennys left to splurge on high end blushes, I would get the Nars Blush in Orgasm (30€), the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes (28€), the Charlotte Tilbury Blushes, the Hourglass Blush Palette, one of the MAC Blushes (24,50€) or one of the Becca Mineral Blushes (28€).

8.Favourite bright blush?
I´m more of a decent blush girl so if I´m brave enough to really put my (non-excistent) cheekbones into the spotlight, I love to put a light amount of the NYX Powder Blush (3€) onto my cheeks, you probably wonder why only a light amount when the question is about my favourite bright blush, but this product is soo highly pigmented that you really need to be careful to not look like a clown. Or if we are in the summer I like to apply the orange colour of the Sleek Cream Blush By 3 Palette (13,50€).

That´s it. That´s everything I have to say about the topic blushes, hahaha :)
Feel free to answer the same questions as I would love to read your answers and get some recommendations for my next colourful purchase! 
If you liked this post, you can share it on your social medias or just save it over on Bloglovin xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig