01/05/2016

What´s On My Face: April 2016

What´s On My Face: April 2016
What´s On My Face: April 2016
How is it already May? Time has flown sooo quick and so it´s again time for another post of my "What´s On My Face" series, in which I show you every month what makeup products I have worn throughout the past month. April was a month with a lot of weather strangeness, at the beginning it was still very cold, then towards the middle all of sudden it turned very warm with temperatures upto 20 degress or more and now towards the end we even had snow again, like what? How is my skin supposed to keep with that? 
I found it was reason enough to keep going with my minimalistic makeup look and only add some spring-y colours in it here and there :)

Starting with the Primer I have officialy found my number 1 primer, it´s the Benefit The Porefessional Primer (34€), I seriously can´t understand why I had doubts about it when I first got it? It is the best primer and makes my rather large pores along my nose completely dissapear, has the loveliest almost non-oily texture and makes my makeup last and look even the whole day. I´m absolutely gutted I´m nearly out of it :(
I´ve been back with trying myself in colour correcting, trying because the colours in the Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette (8€), aren´t that pigmented or better don´t cover my problem zones as good but it´s good enough to use the green colour to cover up any small red spots and the peachy & pink shade on the left to cover my dark under eye area.
With the weather constantly changing, I didn´t want to make it worse for my skin by applying a heavy foundation, so I sometimes (as in I only used it on about 5 day throughout the whole month) reached for the The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream (14€), once it is dry it has the most natural finish! Even dreamier when paired with the Benefit primer.
For concealer I have been switching around between 2. When I was wearing foundation I used the Maybelline The Eraser Concealer (13€), as it added just the right amount, not too much, of coverage that I needed to fully cover the darkness under my eyes. When I wasn´t wearing foundation though I used the MAC ProLongwear Concealer (21€), it is high coverage so it was completely fine to wear on it´s own and also cover my dark under eye area.
To set everything I´m still using my well loved MAC MSF Powder (32€), how I can remember I´ve been using it for the whole year so far? Maybe I had 1 or 2 weeks where I used an other powder, but this one is by far my favourite! It´s very light and you can barely see any powder particles on your skin
What´s On My Face: April 2016
Then to finish of my general face makeup I apply a light hint of colour. I´ve been using the L´Oreal Le Blush in 160 Peach (10€), I´m normally not someone who would go for an orange-y blush but this one is really nice. It´s more of an coral colour, just the right amount of pigmentation and stays on for quite a good time of half the day before it needs to be retouched.
So, that´s done with my face and now I´m moving over to the little details starting with my brows. After running out of my NYX MicroBrow Pencil I was lucky enough that my sister gave me the Smashbox Brow Tech ToGo (25€), it´s my very first Smashbox product and I´m really impressed! This product has an angled pen on one end which is really pigmented and should be applied with a very light hand, and on the other side you´ve got a fixing gel with a very small brush (about the size of the brush of Gimme Brow), all together it is waterproof so I´m prepared for every weather, haha :)
I´m all about long seperated lashes this time so I left my Astor & Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara behind and switched over to the Maybelline Push Up Drama The Falsies Mascara (10€). The brush of it is pretty much straight and the formula is very wet, applying it in a zick-zack motion will give you black seperated long lashes. I wasn´t too keen on it before but now I, again, can´t believe how I could have had doubts on it.
In April I finally started using lipstick more often again, of course I haven´t only worn bright pink lips the whole month but they were one of my favourites to wear. The combo to achieve the most beautiful pink pout contains of the Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Plushest Pink (8€) and of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo (7€) on top. Not only is the pigmentation and the finish of them absolutely amazing, but the staying power left me breathless! I applied them in the morning before I went out with my family, retouched it once right before eating and it literally lasted throughout 5(!) meals, and not only normal means but there were greasy meals, cake and salad with yoguhrt dressing and a lot of drinking and they didn´t even budge a bit! Seriously get them both and enjoy them :)

What have you been loving throughout April?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig