25/07/2016

My Prom Makeup + The Finished Look

Prom Makeup 1
It was prom night on Saturday, eeeeeek. I´ve been waiting for that night for soo long.
Of course I put a lot of thoughts in my makeup.
It shouldn´t look too cakey but natural, should last the whole night and especially through all the eating and drinking that was sure to happen that night.
The only solution was to use the best of the best, which are these lovely products.


Prom Makeup 3
Prom Makeup 4

How I said, that my makeup should last the whole time was a really important thing for me, so I went for my new favourite primer the Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm (7€).
It´s really cooling and once it dries and sinks into the skin it leaves it really sticky but not disgustingly greasy feeling at all.

Over top I used one of my all time favourite foundations for the first time since a very long time. MAC Studio Fix in the shade NC15 (30€). It´s high coverage but doesn´t love me looking cakey but more a natural glowy look. I loooove this foundation so much.
Another all time favourite that I haven´t used for way too long is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade 15 (7€). It´s the perfect shade for me, the coverage is just right for me, it´s soo easy to blend and it doesn´t crease even if my eyes are a bit watery.

Recently I started to really get into "baking" and so I wet my RT sponge and gently pat the NYX HD Finishing Powder (10€) under my eyes and leave it on for around 5 minutes.
To set the rest of my face I use a big fluffy brush and my beloved MAC MSF Powder in Light Plus (32€). I love this one a lot because it´s so fine that you can barely see the powder particles and are left with a matte finish.

I´m all about glowy skin for the summer and since my face was fairly matte at this point I needed to add my newest love, which is the highlighter in the Manhattan Contouring Kit (7,50€). I can´t even describe how lovely it looks, it´s a golden subtle glow without any glitter in it.

Prom Makeup 2

As always before I started with my eyemakeup I put the Urban Decay Primer Potion (20€) all over my lid and also into the crease and set everything with the loose powder.
I wanted to make sure my eyes are matching with my nude prom dress so I applied the shade YDK in the crease, Bootycall onto my lid and in the inner corner and Foxy on my brow bones and to clean the edges. All shades are from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (53€)
As addition onto my lid I applied a good amount of the shade All That Glitters from MAC (19€). A beautiful rose champagne shade.
To add length to my horribly short lashes I try my best with the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eyes Mascara (30€).
At the moment I enjoy to really put effort into my brows and darken them up.
Brow Powders are the most natural products to get a full brow look and so my favourite at the moment is the ArtDeco Brow Powder in the shade 5 (5€).
A "my lips but better" that seemed to fit the best for my dress is MAC´s Angel Lipstick (21€). With a satin finish I didn´t need to worry about it flaking away unevenly.

So that all my most important aspects would come together for this look I sprayed the Smashbox Primer Water (33€) all over my face. It refreshes everything and makes it stay forever. Works a lot better as setting spray than as primer in my eyes :)

As you can see I really only used products that I can really trust and love with all my heart, if your prom is still coming up I beg you to do the same!
Nothing is better than to party through the night and not having to worry about what you look like :) 

Here is the finished look:

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig