17/07/2016

Summer Lip Picks || Liquid, Lipstick & Lipliner

Summer Lip Picks
Summer means bright colours to me and even though I don´t opt for a lot of colourful powder and liquid products for my face, I like to bring the focus to my lips.
For my (sadly still) pale skin I prefer pink shades and that´s what today´s post is all about, I put my favourites from all kind of styles together and kinda present them to you, haha :)



The most important things when wearing lip products in summer is that they shouldn´t be too drying, lips tend to dry out in the heat even more and worsen it with putting a drying lip product on them is definitely not what I want.
So all my top lip picks for the summer time are hydrating (or atleast not drying), vibrant in colour, sit comfortable on my lips without sweating away and long lasting!

LiquidsSummer Lip Liquids

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams

If you haven´t tried those already, then you are definitely missing out! They are the best things I´ve come across yet. They are everything I could ask for, they are really easy to apply, smell and taste really sweet, the pigmentation is absolutely fabulous, I´ve tested them for a very long time and they even lasted through eating and drinking. They do need a touch up sometimes, but only after 2 hours maybe? And the most important thing, even though they dry to a matte finish, they don´t feel matte on my lips. They have a lovely texture and for me I don´t even notice I´m wearng anything on my lips. 
Biiiig love from me for them :)

Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipgloss

I don´t own a lot of lipglosses, because you know my hair grows and long hair and lipgloss never works out, however this one is one I would happily repurchase every time.
I´ve got the shade Afternoon Tea and it adds a lovely glossy pink to my lips, it´s not too sticky or too shiny on my lips and the best part for me, it smells incredibly well like strawberrys. 
I seriously hate lipgloss that has this really weird plastic taste and smell but this one is definitely one of my favourites! 

LipsticksSummer Lipsticks

MAC Satin & Cremesheen Lipsticks

Those two MAC lipstick formulas are my favourites. Both are really hydrating, the cremesheen formula is more shiny and the satin one has a more matte but a hint of shine which I can´t really describe so just imagine what satin looks like in light, haha. 
I have the shades Angel and Creme Cup and both are a beautiful natural nude-y pink which are more the work summer version if I might say so. They are quite good pigmented like you can see that you are wearing lipstick but it´s not too much.
Might have to pick up a lot more MAC lippies soon :)

Maybelline ColorSensationals

Under all lip picks that I have, this one is the most vibrant one. 
The pigmentation is just wow, the finish of this lipstick is shiny and also very moisturizing on my lips. It´s one of those lipsticks that I always look forward to wearing as it doesn´t bring any extra work with it in things like having to look that it doesn´t move around or fades away weirdly. Apart from that it also has a very sweet and nice scent to it.
I´ve got the shade 185 Plushest Pink here, a veery pink shade not neon pink but really a really bright shade.

P2 Lip Chubby Stick

Don´t worry if you don´t know this brand, it´s a german one, haha.
This huge lip pencil thing is my very first product of this brand and I just love it.
The colour is a dusty pink, the pigmentation is just fab and after about 2 hours it starts to fade away really evenly and because of the shade "Laura" , which is really similar to my lips, no one will even notice that it faded away. It has a matte finish and so more on the drier side but doesn´t feel uncomfortable on my lips at all. I like to opt for this one on a nigth out more.
 If you are ever in Germany, pick this one up, you´ll just love it :)

LiplinersSummer Lipliners

MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lipliners

I have mentioned these lipliners sooo many times on here and that´s because they are the best ones I´ve come across yet.
They are really pigmented, the texture is really creamy and since I´m not the best at lining my lips at first try they are also good to correct afterwards without ruining everything by smearing them on your foundation, haha :)
They are more on the pricer side under the drugstore lipliners but definitely worth it!

What are your summer lip picks?
Do you prefer liquids or lipsticks?
And which finish do you like the most for the summer time?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig