03/07/2016

What's On My Face || June 2016

June Favourites Flatlay 1
I couldn´t be happier to write this post today, as it means that I´m FINALLY done with my final exams, eeeeeek. The last few weeks have been very busy with revision and weekly tutoring lessons, leaving no time to concentrate on anything else.
I also wasn´t wearing a lot of makeup, or better when I was wearing makeup I´ve always been wearing the same and that´s what today´s post is about.
My makeup look for June consisted of a glowy bronzed base, natural brows and length-y lashes.



June Favourites Flatlay 2
June Favourites close up 2
June Favourites close up

The Base

Starting with a primer (which I just realized I forgot to put in the picture), I used the Smashbox Primer Water (33€), I was quite noisy about whether it would really work and when I saw a sample for only 8€ I had to try it out. It´s really sticky on my face once it dries but not like a disgusting greasy sticky but more like refreshing. 
Over top I buffed in my newest love the L´Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation (15€). I don´t want to say too much about it now as I still have a review coming up for it but what I can say is, that no foundation ever made my skin look soo flawless and glowy, yet not cakey or too heavy, before.
To cover up my bad boys (my still existent dark under eyes) I switched over to an old favourite, the MAC ProLongwear Concealer (21€). The coverage is really good and even though the consistence seems quite heavy, it doesn´t feel like it after blending it in with a makeup sponge.
To set everything I´ve been absolutely loving to use loose powder. I´ve seen many people love the Laura Mercier Translucent powder, which I sadly can´t afford yet, so I opted for the dupe version, the NYX Finishing Powder (11€). Just like any other loose powder, it´s white and really light. To apply it I use a huge fluffy brush and tap the powder onto my skin,especially in my T-Zone. To set my under eye area I use the Real Techniques Contour Brush and also tap the powder in, rather than wiping it around.
We did have some sunny days in which I tried to tan, but for some reason my skin prefers to stay pale so I have to bring the sun to my face by applying a good amount of the The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (16€).

Finishing Touches

Now to the essential finishing touches. 
To fill in and sharpen my brows, I take a small angled brush and the Catrice Eyebrow Set (4€). The two shades that come in this little duo are very pigmented and should fit to almost every har colour, as one is a light brown shade and one is a darker brown more grey/black shade.
After curling my lashes I take the little sample of the Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara (27€). It not only lengthens my lashes but also seperates them without being too heavy or clumpy.
On the few days that I have bothered to wear lipstick, I went for something light pink/nude-y, that moisturizes my lips and adds a nice glow to them. The lipstick I´m talking about is MAC´s Creme Cup (20€), an old classic.

What have you been enjoying throughout June?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig