02/08/2016

Top 5 Heatproof Bases: Guest Post from EmmysBeautyCave

Today´s guest blogger is Emmy from EmmysBeautyCave.
I really hope you like this post as much as I did and as always feel free to check out her links after you are done reading this one :)
We all know that feeling when it feels like our faces are melting, makeup sliding all over the place and looking a right mess! Heat proof bases are a must have for all of us no matter what our skin type is. I have tested many foundations being the foundation junkie I am, I currently own around 30 foundations... I dread to think how much money I have spent. I have found my perfect five heat proof foundations but all have something different about them.
Make Up Forever Mat Velvet + | £29.00
Firstly how cute is this packaging, it comes with a squeeze nozzle which makes it easy to determine how much product you are getting. This foundation is a medium coverage, it isn't buildable so if medium coverage is what you love then this is for you. When I wear this you can see slightly see my freckles. It has a matte finish but not drying. It lasts really well throughout the heat.
UK | Link
Germany | Link
US | Link

MAC Pro Longwear Foundation | £25.00

I have been using this for a few years now and always repurchase it ready for Summer. Again like the MUFE Foundation this has a medium coverage and isn't buildable. I find this feels very lightweight on the skin compared the MAC's Studio Fix which is heavy and thick. It does work better depending on what primer you use but it is perfect for the hot weather.
UK | Link
Germany | Link

Maybelline Matte & Poreless Foundation | £7.99

I have been using this for around four months and I am obsessed! This foundation has such a flawless finish. It is a medium coverage but slightly buildable. You won't get extremely full coverage with this but it is good to build up in certain area's. It doesn't sink in to pores so you see them, it literally makes them look flawless. If you have large pores you will love this. I have worn this over eight hours and had no shine! (Note this is the US version, I purchase mine on Ebay or Amazon)

Smashbox Studio Skin 15hr Wear Foundation | £29.00

This is my newest baby! This is the fullest coverage out of the five as it does provide full flawless coverage. It does have a thicker consistency compared to the others but it doesn't go cakey or feel heavy on the skin. It blends beautifully and looks flawless whilst lasting all day.
UK | Link
Germany | Link

L'Oreal Infallible Foundation | £9.99

I have tried the UK version and the US version of this foundation (pictured above is the US version) and I have to say I found the US version to be 100x better! It provides medium-full coverage without being heavy. The shades in the US range are amazing. My skin looks absolutely flawless with this foundation and it lasts all day still looking flawless after eight hours.  (Again this is the US version, I purchase from Ebay or Amazon)
I mainly have oily skin which sometimes can be combination but it is 90% of the time an oily mess and all of these foundations are life savers. Personally I do still use primer and powder, if you have oily skin using primer, foundation, powder and a setting spray will help keep your making lasting all day long... Go Slay Girl!

What Is Your Favourite Summer Base?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig