11/12/2016

LookFantastic Beauty Secret Advent Calender || Weekly Round-Up #2

Another week has passed and another 7 doors on my advent calendar were allowed to be opened. Looking back at it now, the last 7 doors were mainly about taking care of your skin and hair, together with two makeup products to make your eyes and lips stand out.
Besides that, this week doors contained a lot of brands that I barely/never heard of, which made it even more exciting for me.
Let me tell you, I definitely found some things I´m planning to repurchase.


Door #5: MoroccanOil Hair Treatment


I´ve heard several amazing things about this brand, such as it makes your hair feel incredible and healthy. The only thing that put me off trying it myself was the price.
Spending 15€ on 25ml is not something I could easily do.
I was even happier to see that we got this size behind door number 5.
I absolutely love the smell of this oil, it´s a really soft scent of argan oil and something like hazel nuts and vanilla or something similar to that, haha :)
I applied it to my towel-dry hair right before blow drying them and I definitely noticed a difference as they were softer and more easily to comb through.
Another good thing is that a bit goes a long way with this product. I would say the amount I applied was as big as three finger tips and it was enough to go through my relatively long hair.
It´s one of the products I´d love to repurchase!

Door #6: Monuskin Illuminating Primer


This little thing came in just perfectly. Just when I was on the very edge with my beloved Benefit Porefessional Primer I found this little thing behind door number six.
Of course I immediatly tried it out the same morning with a medium coverage foundation.
First off after applying it, I noticed that it is really moisturizing and nourishing, might be a bit too much for oily skin if you ask me, haha.
After letting it sink in and appling my foundation over it, I had to have a very close look on my pores around my nose and they were actually nearly invisible, a pleasant result in this point.
At the end of the day I would say it was very comfortable to wear, it kept my foundation in place, and my skin wasn´t any more shiny than it was with any other primer.
Definitely worth the try!

Door #7: Nudestix Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mhystics


I was secretly hoping to find a lip product behind a door and on day 7 it was finally time for that, and it wasn´t even any lip product it waas from the infamous brand Nudestix.
I´ve only known Nudestix because of their contouring and highlighting pencils, again I wouldn´t have tried it myself because of the enormous price of around 25€ just for that one lip pencil.
Never the less I couldn´t belive that LookFantastic would actually hide such an luxurious product in their advent calendar. I couldn´t help myself other than instantly appling it to my lips as the shade is also absolutely in trend. It´s a darker orange/brown shade, the pencil slides on very easily and creamy and has a semi-matte finish.
It will definitely find it´s place in my daily handbag.

Door #8: Ren Clear Skincare Revitalising Night Cream


Ren Clear Skincare was a brand that I´ve seen here and there on Instagram but never really paid any attention to. Skincare is for me something that I generally don´t spend much money on since finding out that too much care is not good at all and that I should focus more on just washing my face with warm water and using one cream only in the morning or in the evening (let me know if you´d like to read a full post on this topic).
Coming back to this little tube, it smells incredibly good, is really thick so you really don´t need a lot and it actually made my skin feel very clean and moisturized enough that I didn´t need to add an moisturizer in the morning.
With a price of around 35€ it lands straight on my wishlist :)

Door #9: Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum


We keep going on to the brands I never really heard of, Ojon.
Ojon was completely new to me, I´ve never heard someone mentioning it nor showing it on the internet.
The smell of this hair serum made me think that it could actually work quite well as it smelled like the products they use in a hair salon. Another thing that made me believe that was the packaging it comes with this little pipette and the simple design looks really nice to me.
After my last hair wash I again applied it to my completely dry hair and massaged it mainly into my lengths and ends, the rest that stayed on my fingers was worked into my scalp really lightly.
I noticed a small difference after letting it sink it, my hair was a bit softer but not as extreme as it was with the moroccanoil.
Nice try though :)

Door #10: Ardell Lashes Demi Wispies


A beauty advent calendar couldn´t be a good one if there wasn´t one bloggers favourite product included like the infamous demi wispie lashes from Ardell.
I already owned them before and wanted to wear them to prom, which sadly didn´t work out as imagined as sticking them on was a whole lot harder than any beauty youtuber makes it look.
Even better to see that I´ve got a new chance to try my best again, probably on the christmas party with my work colleagues. I´ll definitely report back whether I managed to put them on this time, haha.
Besides my not present talent, I absolutely love the style of the Demi Wispies.
They are not too much, like they don´t look unnatural, rather than that they make you look like you have loads of absolutely lovely flattery lashes, make your eyes pop, and every girl wish to have those lashes aswell.

Door #11: Christoph Robin Regenerating Hair Mask


The only thing I haven´t tried so far is this absolutely amazingly smelling hair mask.
It was behind today´s door and will definitely be used tonight.
I have really high expectations on this one, as like I just said it smells absolutely incredible, like the stuff you have to pay extra at the hair salon but makes your hair feel dreamy soft and silky.
Let´s see if I can get the feeling at home with it, haha.

How are your christmas preparations going so far?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig