11/02/2017

Valentines Day Makeup Picks

With Valentines Day right around the corner, I´ve become completely obsessed with everything heart-shaped, pink or red toned and basically been all loved up with what the makeup aisles have to offer.
I´m not too sure how I´ll be spending the day but what I know for sure, is that my makeup look will be based on red/pink shades and all in one a glowy complexion, using the following picks...
To achieve that said glow and also add a hint of pinky blush to your cheek, I picked a new discovery, the KIKO Double Colour Baked Blush in Lively Coral from their Holiday Collection, which is still available to buy online and in some shops!

When I first saw it, I thought with the amount of glitter it had, it would give me this weird look of lots of glitter all over my cheeks but no colour nor glow, but I was wrong. This blush really adds a hint healthy glow to my cheek bone and a light pink colour that actually lasts on me the whole day, even though I like to rest my cheek on my hand quite often, haha.

For Valentines Day I like to put the main focus on the lips, cause a perfect pout will definitely make you feel confident!
Pink to make the boys wink, is definitely a good theme to go for and so I picked 2 liquid lipsticks from, of course, NYX. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are the best to take with you on the go, cause they´re so tiny, are easy to re-apply and feel comfortable on the lips.
My favourite shades are Tokyo , a really light pink barbie shade, and Prague, a vibrant berry pink shade.
If you´re not a fan of liquid lipsticks, the KIKO Heart-Shaped Lipstick from their current Matte For You Collection is definitely what you need! Not only does it look absolutely lovely, but the colour pay-off is as always amazing, this lipstick dries down to a matte finish without drying your lips out, and stays on for quite a good amount of time.
I´ve got the shade 01 Sweety Rosy Mauve, which is a gorgeous dusty rosé shade, absolute perfect for Valentines Day.

For the eyes, I like to go for something warm and breath-taking. This look is supposed to really make your eyes stand out and charm everyone around you.
To achieve that, I have three options to go for, one is a single powder eyeshadow.
MAC´s All That Glitters to be honest, this is definitely a shade you could wear throughout the whole year but most definitely on Valentines Day.
It´s a rosé golden/champagne shade, with little golden glitter particles in it.
The second option is a cream eyeshadow, the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in Pomegranate, a deep red/berry shade that is totally in trend right now. Apart from that it is also really easy to apply and blend and will stay in place all day, even when you have oily hooded eyelids like me :)
If you really want to go for a full eyemakeup with more steps than just one, the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette, is the most perfect Valentines Day Eyeshadow Palette.
You could go for a berry smokey eye, or for a soft pink look, add some nice golden/champagne shimmer, or just halo look build up with some nice orange shade in the crease and bright pink on the sides.

Valentines Day Makeup Menu Swatches
(starting from the top: Pomegranate Colour Tattoo; All That Glitters; Lively Coral Double Baked Blush; Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague; " in Tokyo; Heart Shaped Lipstick in 01 Sweety Rosy Mauve)

Fluttery long lashes is a must!
For less talented people (like me) I recommend the Maybelline The Falsies Push-Up Mascara. It has a wet texture making your lashes look voluminous and because of the long wand of this mascara, it can also make your lashes really long and curled throughout the day.
Now to the really talented people, that I´m absolutely jealous of, I recommend the Ardell Demi Wispies Lashes. They look absolutely stunning and will complete any eyemakeup look you choose to go for in the end.

What are your Valentines Day Makeup Picks? And how are you going to spend that day?


Don´t forget to follow me on: BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig