08/01/2018

NYX Cosmetics Round-Up

Who doesn´t love NYX nowadays? It´s just a fab brand, fair prices for high quality drugstore makeup pieces. Over the last few months, I managed to build a collection of products that I frequently use and always recommend to my friends and family. Because of their huge selection of different colours and finishes, there´s surely something for anyone between makeup newbie and pro.
If you want to extend your NYX collection, then this is the post for you...

The newest addition to my collection is the Angel Veil Primer, and I´m sure it´s one of the best products I have ever used. My skin looks really smooth and even, really natural and the foundation is still in place after a whole day at work. The texture is really similar to a creamy moisturizer and does nearly the same thing. I´m really happy that I found a "cheaper" alternative to the Benefit Porefessional Primer. I have a full review of it coming up soon, so definitely look out for that as you´ll definitely want to try this primer yourself.

I´m on my second bottle of the Setting Spray, at first I had the matte version which I was already really happy with it, as it did actually what it should. Hold back the shine and set my makeup. After I finished it, I thought I would give the dewy finish a try and it has been my lifesaver for when I apply too much foundation! I simply spray it on, and my complexion magically looks a lot more natural, dewy and not as cakey anymore. Definitely one of the best setting spray I´ve ever tried.

I´m also on my second product with the Micro Brow Pencil. It´s my go to brow product on my lazy days. As I simply just fill the spare areas in with it and get a really natural, not much effort, look. On one side you get a spoolie brush and on the other side, you get the brow pencil. It´s really tiny with a semi pigmentation, so just perfect for a natural look.

I´m not much for contouring but thought getting the Wonder Stick. Well for some reason I really can´t get it to work for me. The highlighter side is way too thick and kinda smears my foundation away when I try to blend it in. The contouring side is really hard to blend it. Like I´ve tried several brushes but everytime I´m left with a obvious brown line that is just smeared all over my cheek, haha. So as alternative I got the High Definition Blush in Taupe, which actually took me ages to get as it was always sold out. It´s a highly pigmented ashy brown blush, and contouring with this one works soooo good. You just need to be careful as to not get too much on your brush, cause it´s literally sooo strongly pigmented.

Another actual life saver is the Wonder Pencil, which you can use for erasing literally every little makeup mistake. I use it to clean up around my lips, around my eyebrows and to brighten up my water line, cause sometimes when I applied to much makeup my eyes look really small, and with this pencil it´s fixed. I love it so much aswell, because since
it´s nude and so looks really soft, way better than the white pencil option.

NYX has the best lip products ever. Probably 80% of my lip products collection is NYX. They are just the best in things of pigmentation, lasting power, finishes, colour selection, etc. My absolute favourites have to be the Soft Matte Lip Creams, I got lots of colours from that range. Some nudes but also some bright colours. The Lingeries Liquid Lipsticks are also really lovely! So far I´ve only got one colour, Push-Up, which is a brown shade. I like to reach for it more in A/W to make some looks more grungey. These liquid lipsticks are really matte, and so really drying for my lips, so make sure to use a lip peeling and balm before applying them. My absolute favourite lip product has to be the Full Throttle Lipsticks. It´s really pigmentated, water-proof and feels really soft and nice on the lips. I´ve got it in the shade Locked, which is a gorgoeus berry shade.

What are your favourite products from NYX?

BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig