22/01/2018

Pore-Blurring Primers

Pore-Blurring Primers
Ever since I´ve started using Primers, my makeup game has gone lots of levels up!
I´m sure we´re all in the same boat when I say, I want my skin to look flawless and even after applying foundation, and well I´ve found two pore-blurring primers that definitely give me that finish that I desire.

Before discovering these two, I´ve had to try myself to loads of different primers, some that clogged my pores more than protecting them from being clogged, some dried out my skin, and some basically didn´t do anything for me - I´m more than happy that I finally found primers that work really well for me and make applying makeup even more fun!

BENEFIT POREFESSIONAL PRIMER

For the longest time now, the Benefit Porefessional Primer has been my go-to for a very long time now!
I´m already on my second tube, and definitely not on my last one - even though it´s quite pricy with around 30€ per tube. It can be worn under or over your makeup or even on it´s own. I´ve tried to wear it under my makeup - what a suprise - and definitely found it has kept oil at bay, kept my foundation in place and, most importantly, gave me a velvet-y finish. Same goes when you wear it without any makeup, it´s definitely a good option to go for when you don´t want to wear makeup but still look more put together with an even skin. I´ve never tried to reapply it over my makeup - might have to give it a try soon - but Benefit says it will make your whole look even smoother.
The texture of the primer is hard to describe, but I´d say it´s definitely thicker but is really easy to blend in and also not noticeable after.
I´ve swatched it below, and even though it has a brown colour to it, it´s not visible, even on the palest skin (aka me).

You might have seen that Benefit has brought out an other version of this primer - this time with a glowy pearl effect. I´m more than curious to try that one out, since I already love this one so much, but it has a matte finish. So trying the same primer just with a hint of glow in it, will surely be something I´ll get a lot of use from!

NYX ANGEL VEIL PRIMER

This primer has been on my wishlist ever since I´ve heard, that it is the dupe version of the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I never got to try that one out, but definitely am head over heels happy with the NYX version!
It´s really budget-friendly with "only" 16€ per tube but you get really a lot of product and kinda the same finish as with the Porefessional one!
A big difference between these two primers is the texture, as I already mentioned the Benefit Primer is kinda thick, the NYX one though is really similar to a moisturizer - as you can see in the swatch below.
It´s a lot creamier, feels fresher and more moisturizing on my skin - but surely gives my complexion a really velvety, soft and airbrush finish.
The only slightly negative thing about it, is that it doesn´t control oil as good, so you might have to apply powder again after a few hours - it´s totally okay, considering how good it is in total.
Now that it is permanently available in my local drugstore, this primer will stay in my collection for a veeeery long time!
Pore-Blurring Primers

If you´re not using a primer until now or you´re not happy with yours, then please do me a favour and treat yourself to one of these two and thank me later ;)

Have you tried these primers before? Which one is your go-to at the moment?



BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig