26/02/2018

A Cult Product: Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water

One thing that´s better than having a lot of time to apply a full face of makeup is taking it off at the end of the day - am I right or am I right?

I´m sure we all started with makeup wipes at some point, they left my skin feeling really dry, tight and were one of the main reasons why I got blemishes.
Luckily at an other point micellar water was invented and made taking off my makeup at the end of the day, not a task anymore. Now I´m actually looking forward to taking it off, as I know my skin will feel fresh and clean and it will be done in no longer than 10 minutes.

Speaking of micellar water, the one that - I think - we all adore, is an actual bargain and has different versions for every skin type is the: Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water

I´ve tried different versions of this micellar water and two of them were definitely winners for me...

For Dry & Sensitive Skin

As I already said I´ve tried lots of different versions, but this one is the one I´ve been using for the longest time! Even though my skin is not really that sensitive I like to use products that are especially made for this type of skin, just to already prevent my skin from getting too dry, red and tight.
At first I´ve used this micellar water to get all of my makeup off, so eyes, lips and base makeup.
Now I´m only using it for my eyes and lips, as I do prefer to take my base makeup off with a makeup cloth. It does an amazing job at taking lipstick off though, I don´t need more than one or two swipes and it´s all gone without leaving my lips dry. Same goes to eyemakeup, one swipe and my eyeshadow is gone. When it comes to mascara, I like to soak a cotton pad with the water and hold it onto my lashes and then wipe it away with again a few swipes. It really works wonders!

Waterproof

This is my newest additions, and oh my god, my skin has never felt so soft and hydrated after taking my makeup off. As you can see in my picture above, this bottle is filled with micellar water and oil, so you really get waterproof makeup off. 
I´ve tried to take my mascara off immediately after getting it, and you do have to do a bit more rubbing than with the pure micellar water, but even then it´s a lot more gentle on the area around my eyes. Same goes to taking off my base makeup, it´s really a lot more gentle but you have to do more of the rubbing to really get everything off. I´ve actually not tried taking off waterproof makeup with it, as I barely wear that kind of products but I do know that I prefer this waterproof makeup remover over any other! I always hated using oil-based makeup remover on my eyes, as once it got into my eyes it was hard to get out and felt really uncomfortable, this one is in this aspect just incredible.

When I´m traveling I always go for the mini travel sizes of these micellar waters, they are really handy and have the same effect as the normal sizes.

In case you don´t like to take your makeup off like that, Garnier also brought out Micellar Makeup Wipes! I´ve tried them aswell and I did like them. Of course makeup wipes are quite drying for your skin, but they remove my makeup really quick so total lifesavers, for when you get home after a girls night and just want to crawl into your bed - we´ve all been there, haha.

Have you tried these Micellar Water before? Do you like it? Which version is your go-to?



BLOGLOVIN | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | PINTEREST

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig